Read a detailed walkthrough of the game The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening.
Walkthrough The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening
- No need to try to kill every enemy! You can run past most of them. But try not to run into the enemy. Every monster except mini-bosses and regular bosses will come to life after a while.
- Remove grass under which prey is usually hidden.
- You can find a statue of an owl in the dungeons. You need a stone beak to interact with it and get some kind of clue. The beak is hidden in one of the chests.
- If you find a closed door in the dungeon without a keyhole, just kill all the enemies in the room and it will automatically open.
- By collecting fragments of the heart, you can get the whole, and thereby increase the supply of HP.
- Always make sure that you have full supplies of bombs, magic powder, etc. You can buy it all or find it in chests.
- If you want to restore HP, then visit the fairies. Hearts also drop out of dead enemies. They can also be found under the grass.
- There are broken walls in caves and dungeons. Use bombs on them to find secret rooms.
When you wake up, chat with a woman. You need to go to the beach. Talk to Tarin near the table and get a shield. Leave the house and head west. You need to go through a house with a bomb on a chain. Turn south and pass by two boys playing in front of the house. Continue down until you are in the sand. Watch out for monsters. Block their attacks with a shield by pressing the R button. Go east along the coastline and pick up a sword. Use B to attack. An owl will appear that says that you need to find the key in the mysterious forest. Go to the village.
Climb the hill above the well. Remove the grass to use the sword. Jump down to the well. Take a piece of heart and leave the well. Go north and enter the mysterious forest. Climb up; turn left until you find a hollow tree trunk. This is the entrance to the cave.